DON'T BE SHY...THANKS FOR READING!

NEXT TARGET...

NEXT ONE IN LESS THAN 2 MONTHS... MIKEL AND PAU LET´S GO!!

Jul 14, 2009

ABOUT ME...GOALS AND MOTIVATION.


Dear Friends!

My name is Xavi García and for those who don´t know me, I like to practice (and watch on TV) any kind of sports, specially sailing (started in Optimist, 470 and Finn class competing during 18 years), tennis, running, swimming, etc...and since, some years ago, in fact more than 9 years, I have one wish-goal every New Year to get under 100kgs...but, unfortunately, I did not achieve it...yet.
Finally, one month ago I decided to start preparing myself to accomplish my for first Olympic triathlon in Hong Kong (I am an expat since July 2008) and, finally, in one year base, to try my first ¨Half Ironman¨...long way to go!!
Why ¨Triathlon¨? I like swimming, running and "mountain" bike...(no experience at all with road bike!!).
How to start? I would like to have a weekly training plan.

¨Leit motivs¨...basically 3:

1st. To get fit and healthy (I am getting close to 40´s...) and try to get under 100 kgs. by end of year 2009.
2nd. To support and sponsor a good cause: ¨Caico Foundation¨ (www.fundacioncaico.org) colaborating internationnaly with Manuel Clavel and his ¨Ironmancaico¨ oddissey! (www.ironmancaico.com)
3rd. The most important one, to remember and honor my mom, who suddenly passed away (09.07.07) already two years ago who was a sports lover and practised gymnastic and aquagym very frequently.

I don´t want to finish this introduction about myself whitout saying THANK YOU IN ADVANCE to my family: first my wife, Elaine, for supporting my idea and challenge and for my two lovely kids: Mar (5 years old...great swimmer) and Lucas (almost 3 years old...great ¨little monster¨).

Thanks to all of you for taking your time to read my blog and collaborate with ¨Caico Foundation¨!

¨XTB¨ Xavi.

No comments:

Post a Comment