DON'T BE SHY...THANKS FOR READING!

NEXT TARGET...

NEXT ONE IN LESS THAN 2 MONTHS... MIKEL AND PAU LET´S GO!!

Nov 19, 2009

FIRST TECHNICAL RUN TRAINING!

Friends,

Yesterday night, I did my first "serious" technical run training coached by Mike Maiers in Aberdeen Sports Ground running track.

We started with a quick warm-up 2 laps, then, Cooper test, 12' running to achieve as much distance as I could...result 3K @ pace of 4'/km and, finally, 4 x 700 meters series with different instructions for each.

Mike gave me some tips how to improve my running skills:

1. Arms up and more relaxed,
2. Body a little bit inclinated 5 to 10%,
3. Step flatter and shorter.

After trying to run, as he explained me, my speed improved quite a lot but also my effort...not yet natural movements!haha Thanks a lot Mike!

Conclusion, EXCELLENT TRAINING SESSION, enjoying with other Dragon members in a cold Hong Kong night 14C.

I attach chronicle sent by Mike to all participants:

"Hello Runners,
Some good efforts last night for the Coopers Run Test.
The below results are in the archive, so this will be your goal for the next time we perform this.

Name Dist. Run in 12min Average/km
James 3.4k 3.31
Paul A.M. 2.8k 4.17
Nerida 2.9k 4.08
Riggsy 2.7k 4.26
David 3.0k 4.00
Mel 2.6k 4.36
Jason 3.2k 3.45
Paul T 3.2k 3.45
Xavier 3.0k 4.00
Steve B 3.3k 3.38
Andree 2.4k 5.00
(includes toilet stop)"

"XTB" Xavi.

No comments:

Post a Comment