DON'T BE SHY...THANKS FOR READING!

NEXT TARGET...

NEXT ONE IN LESS THAN 2 MONTHS... MIKEL AND PAU LET´S GO!!

Nov 4, 2009

LIFE REFLEXION...?

Opening my heart and finding beauty
I was not brought up in an emotional household. My parents were strict and unforgiving. Years later I realized that this was the way they cared. Better to have strict parents than parents that don’t care. The worst thing a parent can do to a child is not care. Children want to know that their parents care for them in some way shape or form. I know my parents cared. Now years later, I am on my own spiritual path. I am on a path to open up my heart and to be totally free. I want to be free of worry, doubt, envy and fear. I want to find beauty in all of life’s simplest of moments. I want to live each and every moment to the fullest. Tonight I was watching the sunset turn the sky into ribbons of a deep salmon color. It was one of those beautiful “ah ha” moments. This is what life is all about. Letting go of all those illogical worries and loving my short time on this earth. I want to embrace each moment and open my heart to all of them. Always.


Opening my heart before my mind reacts.
As I drive across the bridge in the morning, I sometimes click off the Audio book I’m listening to and drive in silence. I then hear the soft thumping of the tires on the bridge struts. As my mind quiets I watch the soft, grey morning clouds float off the top of the skyscrapers. I watch the golden rays of sunshine reflect off a thousand window panes, creating a magical splash of vibrant gold across the city. If a driver cuts me off, I feel my heart contract and begin to close. Before my mind reacts I allow my heart open again and let the moment go. I am too much in love with this morning and this life to allow my heart to close and have my mind react negatively. It is going to be a magnificent day. I only have a short time on the earth. This is my path. I am on it now, there is no going back.

INSTANTS (Poem Jorge Luis Borges)
If I were able to live my life anew,
In the next I would try to commit more errors.
I would not try to be so perfect,
I would relax more.
I would be more foolish than I've been.
In fact, I would take few things seriously.
I would be less hygienic.
I would run more risks, take more vacations, contemplate more sunsets, climb more mountains, swim more rivers.
I would go to more places where I've never been, I would eat more ice cream and fewer beans, I would have more real problems and less imaginary ones.
I was one of those people that lived sensiblyand prolifically each minute of his life; Of course I had moments of happiness.
If I could go back I would tryto have only good moments.Because if you didn't know, of that is life made: only of moments;
Don't lose the now.I was one of those that never went anywhere without a thermometer, a hot-water bottle, an umbrella, and a parachute;
If I could live again, I would travel lighter.
If I could live again, I would begin to walk barefoot from the beginning of springand I would continue barefoot until autumn ends.
I would take more cart rides, contemplate more dawns, and play with more children, If I had another life ahead of me.
But already you see, I am 85, and I know that I am dying.

and

Peace (U2 song)

See the world in green and blue
See China right in front of you
See the canyons broken by cloud
See the tuna fleets clearing the sea out
See the Bedouin fires at nightSee the oil fields at first light
And see the bird with a leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colors came out
It was a beautiful day
Don’t let it get away Beautiful day

U2

3 comments:

  1. Relaxing read. You have a nice way with words. I'm now in a zen like state.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks and good luck for your next 70.3 in 7 days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Xavi
    Thanks for dropping by my blog. I have not posted in a while..but hope to get back at it soon.. Best wishes to you in your racing and training...
    J.T.

    ReplyDelete