Let me give you a quick wrap-up of what happened during last 2 weeks...
1. Elaine's surgery (left inguinal hernia) last week...tough recovery first days, but, last 3 days is doing much better! :-)
2. Laptop issues...my image for "network connections" disappeared like a phantom from my taskbar and could not connect to internet and local server, then, I got new laptop Thinkpad Lenovo X-200 for just one weekend...Monday after lunch could not restart and all icons disappeared from desktop: diagnostic, "hard disk R.I.P."...anyway, finally, I got laptop ready with new HD, last Wednesday morning.
3. CheckTri logo: please, vote about it in the pool?
4. Yesterday, Abba mania show....great songs from the past, great memories (my old sister hippie time)...and great show and dance from the all the crowd, included, Elaine (very carefully...could almost not move one week and one day after her surgery but tried her best), Geert and myself! ...afterwards, why not, some tapas and wherever a better place in Hong Kong than...
5. Uno Más Barcelona, tapas restaurant in Wanchai (Hong Kong), lead by my friend David Izquierdo (Great Chef...worked en El Bulli some years ago!) , great tapas, including un ¨codillo¨ with a quite good wine Beronia Reserva 2005 and finalizing with a ¨carajillo de Bayleys¨!...excellent, company, wine and conversation to start the weekend...but, next day,
6. Bike training starting @ 6 a.m. with just 4 hours sleep, overall, quite good training, wth Richard, Paul and Julian Dragons mates, (guys is very interesting to meet and talk to you to learn from 2 to 3 new things about that ¨challenging¨sport), except today was too windy and I finished with some pain on my right knee. Julian suggested me to contact Toby, specialist, on setting-up the bike to my biomechanics to avoid any potential injury in the future!! I think tomorrow morning, I will meet him in Sheck O´...50 Kms 1h40´ 29.5 Km/h...not so bad after that strong wind!. Just one last comment, I belie veyesterday´s wine affected on my tribag preparation, because, I forgot my helmet...forunately, I have detected my forgetfullness quite quick just 20 mins after heading to Disney area.
7. ¨Lack of sleep¨ and its effect on any sport performance...to be reviewed on my next post!
8. Finally, I have decided to update my title phrase on a monthly base...have a look to new one!
Talk to you next post, right now, my eyes are getting close while writing those words,
Goodnight to all readers!!