DON'T BE SHY...THANKS FOR READING!

NEXT TARGET...

NEXT ONE IN LESS THAN 2 MONTHS... MIKEL AND PAU LET´S GO!!

Jul 14, 2009

HOW TO START?

Dear Friends!

One month ago, when this idea landed to my brain three first questions were:

Questions:
1. What training plan should I follow?

2. I can run and swim by myself....but I need a bike!wowWhich one?

3. Do I need to be registered to any Triathlon club to participate on those events?

Answers:
1. For the first question, quite easy answer, as first step, I went to google and typed: triathlon training plan and very fast in less than 1 second appeared excellent website and perfect to clarify many doubts: http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/ .From this website, I selected the "16 Week Olympic: 2x Balanced" and since that day (5 weeks ago) I have started following all training days plan, mixing, run, swim and bike (up to now just fitness bike).

2.I still don't have the bike and I have some trouble to make up my mind to decide which bike should I buy...tribike or just road bike, with handlebars?!?. Bikeman (Thanks guy!) from "Flying Ball Bycicle" Hong Kong store is helping me to understand and clarify what kind of bike do I need. I am thinking on Cannondale Slice 5 Hi-mod or a road Cannondale...but still not clear...I might go this weekend to that store to finalize my decision.

3. Last one, was the easier one...Triathlon Club....again, I use internet to check and finf one, I did just type in google: Hong Kong triathlon club ...and after 1 second...Dragons Triathlon Club appeared on my screen http://www.hktriclub.com/ then I registered myself after some minutes reading the website. Next steps is to get Dragons trispeed suit XXL to participate in next races and adventure events. Dragons Triathlon Club has over 100 members and they do monthly triathlon race trainings. I still did not meet personally any member of the club but, via email, I have already contacted, Julian Cosgrave & Richard Thornton, very nice and helpful guys (Thanks a lot!)

Friends...2 less topics to worry about, training plan is already on my hands...and Triclub, I am already registered in one! Next step ...to solve bike selection.

See you in my next post and I will explain you my first Ocean Swim 1.4km experience in Hong Kong last Sunday!

"XTB" Xavi.

No comments:

Post a Comment