Let me give you a little bit of background about my first half marathon last Sunday January 17th:
Before the race:
1. Landed on Saturday morning from Philadelphia...18hours flight.
2. No sleep due to jet lag, I saw 2.00 am, 3.00 am, 4.00 am and 5.30 am I "woke up" to go to my first half marathon
3. Week before quite busy during my week stay in Philadelphia...and just 2 days training!
4. Toe nail right foot very injured...today is totally black!!
During the race:
5. First 2 Kms 5 to 10% uphill,
6. Late start...then zigzag during 1.5 Kms to get some space to run free
7. Too fast first 10K: 47', destroyed after Km-13 and survived next Kms...walk-run a lot!
After the race:
8. Exhausted, but, "quite happy overall" but unsure about my heart average beat ...very high!! I don't really know, if my max. is correct, 182 ...next week, I will do a VO2 max and acid lactate test.
9. Focus on %Max run for next one,
10. Rest better and keep training hard...specially my running for my second challenge in 57 days: HIM Singapore 2010!
I attach my garmin connect for you to follow my race:
and the results...overall 351, 72 HM35...
Btw, have a look at this video about that interesting challenge about new and old bike technologies:
Talk to you next post (which will be just about my next event/race, as I am very busy training, work, family and following 5 rules on my old post)!
More Photos from the USATF Hopkins Raspberry Run
14 minutes ago